Function: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Review HUDs to make sure all numbers are correct, including sales price, bank pay off and fees.
- Process accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-to-date Statements of Cash Flows.
- Prepare journal entries for lot sales and record in general ledger.
- Prepare and enter budget and prepare job cost reconciliations. Analyze monthly to reflect the correct COGS figure for lots.
- Reconcile various GL accounts. (Land, CIP, others).
- Correspond with CPA firm regarding tax and accounting issues.
- Close jobs and prepare profit reports. Prepare and enter the journal entries for the closings.
- Answer questions and print reports for office staff.
- Enter deposits into accounting system.
- Keep cash balance spreadsheet updated at all times.
- Reconcile bank loan statements to general ledger.
- Enter various journal entries.
- Correspond with the bank regarding construction loans.
- Scan and file all payable, receivable, financial statements and bank recons, etc.
- Update lot spreadsheets, keeping track of sales and new lot inventory and maintain lot cost by adding costs as needed to balance general ledger.
- Reconcile miscellaneous bank accounts and balance to GL cash.
- Request draws from bank for construction loans.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- 4 year accounting degree is required.
- Sage software experience a plus.
- Construction industry experience a plus