Position Title: Care Advisor
Reports to: Manager, Sales and Marketing
Program Area: Sales and Marketing
Review Dates: November 2015
Supervision Responsibilities: None
Salary Range: $28,000 – $38,000 plus commission
The Care Advisor’s primary responsibility is to visit prospective clients and sign them up for service. This involves generating an initial plan of care, completing all necessary documentation with the client, collecting the upfront deposit and setting up the client in the scheduling system based on data collected during the in-home visit. The second objective is to maintain and monitor ongoing service to that client, by visiting and updating their service plan every 4 months by another in-home visit or series of phone calls and later updating the scheduling system with required changes if necessary. The third objective is to establish referral sources and develop relationships with them, by delivering brochures and other informational material. This can be done by phone, email, mail or in person.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, sales or telemarketing preferred or equivalent work experience
- Performs in-home visits with prospective clients and signs them up for service. This is done by completing an assessment, as well as the completion of client agreement and other authorizations. Sets up and enters all relevant data into ClearCare, so that the client is ready for service. Activates the client.
- Maintains relationship with the client by visiting them every 4 months by phone or in person as needed. Reassesses their needs and processes changes in the system as required.
- Establishes a list of referral sources. Target accounts include, but are not limited to: hospitals, physicians, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, senior centers, banks, funeral homes, etc.
- Develops relationships with referral sources by phone, email, in person, networking etc. Delivers brochures and all necessary information as required.
- Participates in all scheduled regular meetings.
- Submits weekly reports.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to approach work with the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone.
- Data entry skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Positive, professional, business image.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas through speech and written word so others will understand.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Primarily will be field/community based so will need to be able to endure weather changes. Must be able to work from car as well.
Position Physical Demands:
Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone, so vision and hearing skills required.
Physical and Mental Limitations Statement:
You are not required to disclose information or mental limitations that you believe will not interfere with your ability to do the job. However, you should disclose any physical or mental impairment for which special arrangements or accommodations are needed to enable you to perform the essential functions of the job. Your description of any impairment and suggestions for reasonable accommodations will be considered in providing reasonable accommodations. The duties and responsibilities herein describe the general nature and level of work required. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all duties, responsibilities and skill required to meet requirements for this position.