TITLE: Director of Finance
QUALIFICATIONS: Accounting/Finance experience. Extensive knowledge of excel spreadsheets and accounting software, particularly Peachtree for Windows. Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and desktop applications is also desired.
- Prepare monthly financial statements to be presented at Finance Committee and Board of Directors’ meeting, working closely with the President and the Auditors on issues in question as to adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and legal/ethical issues.
- Maintain Accounts Payable in Peachtree for Windows accounting system. Assure proper documentation is acquired on all transactions between the Center and its vendors. Keep all A/P files in an orderly and usable fashion.
- Prepare all checks on computer system, ensuring no checks are lost or stolen, by tracking numerical progression of checks. Ensure that there are always two signatures on every check.
- Prepare all necessary journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Administer petty cash and reconcile at a minimum, on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Auditors, providing them with any and all information requested for the audit function.
- Assist President with preparation of monthly reports of units of service and dollars, statement of activities, and the annual budget. In addition to any other duties that may be assigned by the President.
- Oversee the Centers supply purchases, maintaining expenses at or below budgeted levels.
- Coordinate the annual audit engagement with the CPA firm.
- Communicate effectively with the board of directors, management team and operational staff members.
- Strive to put forth a positive attitude toward the staff members, outside vendors, as well as the patient population of the Center.
- Be willing to help in any area of the Center, in order to ensure that Center operations run smoothly for all those who enter the facility.
- Directly responsible to the President of the Center for all financial interests of the Center.